Descriptions and links to various presentations from Kevin Hakanson.
Adopting Multi-Cloud Services with Confidence
In transitioning to multi-cloud, IT organizations have the same responsibility to provide quality service and operational security, yet have a much greater need to understand how to efficiently govern and manage these disparate cloud services.
In this session, we will examine some key patterns and models taken from a Cloud Adoption Framework through a multi-cloud lens. The presentation will include a mixture of high-level guidance, examples where vocabulary and terminology differ, and opinions on when to utilize cloud-agnostic vs cloud-native technologies for strategic decisions. Attendees will leave with a better understanding of how to implement a Cloud Adoption Framework across multiple clouds and a higher level of confidence in their multi-cloud adoption plans.
Aumentum Cloud Strategy: Public Cloud vs. Government Cloud
As Aumentum transitions to a cloud hosted SaaS product, the conversation about “public cloud” vs. “government cloud” is of interest to customers. This session will review some cloud computing definitions, discuss what is commonly referred to as “government cloud,” and provide a preview of the Aumentum cloud strategy.
- Thomson Reuters Synergy 2019 (23-26 September 2019) ( presentation )
Introduction to Speech Interfaces for Web Applications
Speaking with your computing device is becoming commonplace. Most of us have used Apple’s Siri, Google Now, Microsoft’s Cortana, or Amazon’s Alexa - but how can you speak with your web application? The Web Speech API can enable a voice interface by adding both Speech Synthesis (Text to Speech) and Speech Recognition (Speech to Text) functionality.
- Twin Cities Code Camp 20 (16 April 2016)
- MinneBar 11 (23 April 2016)
- Midwest JS (10-12 August 2016) ( presentation )
- Thomson Reuters Beyond the Edge - Ann Arbor (12 September 2016)
Learning to Mod Minecraft: A Father/Daughter Retrospective
This session will be the retrospective of an enthusiastic father teaching his hesitant daughter (who loves Minecraft) about programming. We started with Hour of Code and pair-programmed through LearnToMod’s video lessons. What did we create? How did we like it? What would we recommend to others? Come learn about our experience and ask questions.
ng-owasp: OWASP Top 10 for AngularJS Applications
The OWASP Top 10 provides a list of the 10 most critical web application security risks. How do these relate to AngularJS applications? What security vulnerabilities should developers be aware of beyond XSS and CSRF?
- Thomson Reuters Beyond the Edge - Ann Arbor (17 September 2014)
- AngularMN Monthly Meetup (4 March 2015) ( presentation, video )
- Twin Cities Code Camp 18 (25 April 2015)
- NDC Oslo (17-19 June 2015) ( presentation, video )
- That Conference (10-12 August 2015) ( presentation )
- DevFestMN 2016 (6 February 2016)
Securing TodoMVC Using the Web Cryptography API
Instead of storing the Todo list as plaintext in localStorage, this “secure” TodoMVC implementation encrypts Todos using a password derived key. The PBKDF2 algorithm is used for the deriveBits operation, with getRandomValues generating a cryptographically random salt. The importKey method sets up usage of AES-CBC for both encrypt and decrypt operations. The final solution helps address item “A6-Sensitive Data Exposure” from the OWASP Top 10.
- Thomson Reuters Eagan Technology Unconference (5 September 2014)
- jQuery Conference (12-13 September 2014) ( presentation, code, demo, video )
- Twin Cities Code Camp 17 (4 October 2014)
Want to leverage your creativity, love of board games, and web platform experience to do something different? Turn your imagination into a Print & Play card game using only a modern web browser, color printer and text editor.
Scaling Agility from the Trenches
Let’s start a conference with a conversation. Instead of an opening talk, Twin Cities agile practitioners will share a fishbowl with coaches in a free-for-all discussion around the good the bad and the ugly of scaling agility instead of simply adding more process. Stop back for more details or stop in and enjoy the (fishbowl) madness.
- Agile Day Twin Cities 2013 (15 November 2013) ( panel participant; facilitated by David Hussman )
- Thomson Reuters Eagan Technology Unconference (6 September 2013) ( short presentation )
- Twin Cities Code Camp 15 (19 October 2013) ( presentation )
- Iowa Code Camp 12 (2 November 2013) ( presentation, video )
- Google DevFest Twin Cities (8 February 2014) ( presentation, demo )
- That Conference (11-13 August 2014) ( presentation, code, demo )
A Humorous Comparison of Software Development with Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Lightning talk style presentation describing software development using references from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. ( screencast )
- Thomson Reuters Eagan Technology Unconference (6 September 2013)
- Iowa Code Camp 12 (2 November 2013)
- Twin Cities Code Camp 14 (27 April 2013) ( presentation, video, demo )
- Iowa Code Camp 11 (8 June 2013) ( presentation )
- Thomson Reuters Legal Market Dev Tech Forum Series (11 July 2013)
- Minnesota Developers Conference 2013 (26 September 2013) ( presentation )
- cf.Objective() 2014 (13-16 May 2014) ( presentation )
- Twin Cities Code Camp 12 (14-15 April 2012) ( presentation )
BP101 Adding Lotus Sametime to Your Collaborative Commerce Web site
There are many statistics on the number of shopping carts being abandoned. This session will show how to use Lotus Sametime to add real-time, online customer service to your Collaborative Commerce Web site. A real-time intervention by a company representative can happen as a reaction to a customer request or a proactive response to a potential need. These and other situations will be demonstrated.
- Lotusphere 2001 (14-18 January 2001)
BST108 eCommerce with Domino
In this session, you will learn the ins-and-outs of building an eCommerce site with Domino, and how you can build a site faster and easier with Domino than with other technologies. We will explain how to set up customer registration, build a product catalog, and manage the shopping cart. Tips on how to implement effective application security and get the best site performance will also be included. Finally, this session will describe the different ways to integrate you eCommerce applications with existing ERP applications.
- Lotus Developers’ Conference 1999 (20-23 June 1999)