September 18 was the close of my company’s 2025 Customer Challenge, and I got my idea submitted right before the deadline: Algorithmic Business Development Utilizing Intelligent Agents
The premise of the innovation challenge was about customer needs in the year 2025:
How can [we] adapt and grow to meet the needs of our customers in 2025?
What are the products, services and capabilities that these business professionals will expect in the future?
The Sign Up and Register page required me to provide a team name and a logo; so I went for Clippy.
When thinking of what technologies would be there in 2025 (10 years into the future), I started wondering what “staples” of technology were not around 10 years ago. Below is a partial list I constructed.
- 2005 YouTube launch (acquired by Google in 2006)
- 2006 Twitter launched and term “hash tag” appears
- 2006 Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2006 Tesla Motors Roadster prototype (general production in 2008)
- 2007 Dropbox founded (launched in 2008)
- 2007 iPhone
- 2007 Amazon Kindle
- 2007 Netflix introduces streaming
- 2008 first commercially available smartphone running Android
- 2008 Fitbit Classic
- 2008 crowdfunding via Indigogo (with Kickstarter in 2009)
- 2009 Bitcoin introduced (first decentralized digital currency)
- 2009 Google began privately developing self-driving cars
- 2010 UberCab launched
- 2010 SRI launches Siri on iPhone 3GS / Apple acquires Siri
Building this list helped me brainstorm on ideas that felt worthy of 2025 needs vs. something we could deliver in the next couple of years (or even today). Will this push my idea to the top of the list? I will just have to wait and see.